HealthTecdl is a statewide distance learning program designed to support health professionals and strengthen services provided by nonprofit health organizations in Georgia. Established in 2007, HealthTecdl utilizes health information technology to support nonprofit health organizations that drive positive change in their communities, promote programs which improve health and health care for Georgia residents, and connect people, programs, and resources across our state.
- The goals of the distance learning program are:
- Foster collaboration among public and private, nonprofit and for profit health organizations.
- Improve access to affordable high quality healthcare services
- Inform policy decisions and improve resource allocations
- Promote capacity building among nonprofit health organizations
- Strengthen the health professions workforce
Funded by Healthcare Georgia Foundation, HealthTecdl is a collaborative effort that includes the provision of distance learning programs and services provided by the Georgia Statewide Area Health Education Centers (AHEC) Network, with regional centers located in:
Beginning in 2008, more than 40 distance learning programs and services designed for health professionals and nonprofit health organizations will be offered through video and web conferencing technology. Many of these training and capacity-building professional education programs are free. For a schedule of upcoming distance learning programs please visit www.healthtecdl.org.