Your presentation will begin shortly.
This event has concluded. Click on the link above to view the video presentation. Registration required (free).
This is Part 1 of a Two-Part Series. View Part 2 >>
Date: Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Time: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM (EST)
Jamie Noll, Pharm.D., L.D., CDE
Dr. Jamie Noll's scientific and clinical background in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus spans many settings. From primary care and endocrinology offices to hospital inpatients, it is her passion to help alleviate the unnecessary devastations of the disease. She has worked directly with institution and community leaders in their work to overcome disparities in the care of these patients. Her career also includes several years of clinical research in diabetes drug development in the pharmaceutical industry.
In the two webinars Dr. Noll will lead, she will translate the most current research on strategies for prevention, education and management into practical approaches for primary care and community health providers.
Sponsor: SPCC Atlanta AHEC
In this session, we will discuss practical approaches to preventing Type 2 Diabetes in high risk patients.I
- Define pre-diabetes and it's associated risks
- Identify strategies for preventing the progression of pre-diabetes to diabetes
- Identify and obtain available patient resources for diabetes prevention
- Utilize basic motivational interviewing skills to successfully enable patient self-care
Participants registering for programs should have access to the following technology for best viewing and participation:
- Personal computer with Macintosh or Windows with 512 MB of RAM
- Broadband internet connection such as an office LAN, DSL, or cable modem
- Phone next to personal computer (or speaker phone if multiple people are viewing)
- Computer speakers (built-in or attached)
- Latest version of Adobe Flash which can be downloaded for free at http://www.adobe.com/
This content may also be viewed using the following applications: