>> View Presentation Archive (video)
Click on the link above to view the video presentation. Registration or log in required (free).
>> View PowerPoint Presentation (PDF)
Click on the link above to view the PowerPoint presentation. Registration or log in required (free).
Stephanie H. Langston, M.Ed.
President and Curriculum
Hands on Spanish, Inc.
Sponsor: Foothills AHEC
Did you know that 47% of Spanish-speaking patients have at one time taken the wrong dosage because they had trouble translating the instructions for use? This highly interactive program will allow you to learn Spanish phrases that will enable you to speak with customers at drop-off and pick-up times. As a result, you’ll experience a more positive and productive interaction with your Hispanic patients.
Session participants will:
- Identify common problems in following prescription instructions for use encountered by Spanish-speaking patients.
- Discuss general consumer habits of Spanish speakers.
- Identify and practice the correct pronunciation for each vowel in Spanish.
- Identify and practice the seven most common Spanish pronunciation errors made by English speakers.
- Identify and practice basic Spanish pharmacy terms and Spanish phrases related to prescription drop-off and pick-up (including problems filling the prescription).
- List the components of directions for use phrases in Spanish.
Continuing Education Credit Information:
The University Of Georgia College Of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Participants registering for programs should have access to the following technology for best viewing and participation:
- Personal computer with Macintosh or Windows with 512 MB of RAM
- Broadband internet connection such as an office LAN, DSL, or cable modem
- Phone next to personal computer (or speaker phone if multiple people are viewing)
- Computer speakers (built-in or attached)
- Latest version of Adobe Flash which can be downloaded for free at http://www.adobe.com/
Click here for Technical Support FAQ's
This content may also be viewed using the following applications: