>> View Presentation Archive (video)
Click on the link above to view the video presentation. Registration or log in required (free).
Jennifer Hale, RN BS CHPN
Georgia Hospice and Palliative Care Organization
Sponsor: Blue Ridge AHEC
Session Description: Palliative and end of life care is a growing area of practice, and practitioners may feel unprepared to deal with the complex issues it encompasses. This program is designed to enhance the healthcare professional's awareness of the skills, knowledge, values, methods, and sensitivities needed to work effectively with clients, families, other health care providers, and the community when working in end of life situations.
Participants in "Transitioning to End of Life Care" will be able to:
- Define "End of Life"
- Distinguish between hospice and palliative care
- Identify who is eligible for specified End of Life care
- Cite the boundaries between curative, palliative and hospice care
- Identify grief, loss and bereavement responses in healthcare professionals
Participants registering for programs should have access to the following technology for best viewing and participation:
- Personal computer with Macintosh or Windows with 512 MB of RAM
- Broadband internet connection such as an office LAN, DSL, or cable modem
- Phone next to personal computer (or speaker phone if multiple people are viewing)
- Computer speakers (built-in or attached)
- Latest version of Adobe Flash which can be downloaded for free at http://www.adobe.com/
This content may also be viewed using the following applications: