Discover Compliance Resources, Inc.
Georgia Rural Health Association
Healthcare Georgia Foundation
The attendees will learn the differences in how to successfully implement the ICD-10 Clinical Modification (CM) and Procedural Coding System (PCS) while distinguishing the affected facilities and potential road blocks to successful implementation in October of 2014. Considering the scale of the project and resource challenges common to rural health, key areas will be highlighted on how to get the project moving if it hasn't started yet and/or how to maintain current progress.
The learners will be presented with strategies on how to inform, educate, and support each of the various personnel who will be affected by the transition to the ICD-10 including not just coders/billers, but IT staff, Human Resources, Finance, facility leadership from the beginning of the project through to the end.
Learners will be able to distinguish which formal strategic planning principles need to be applied to the project and when they need to be applied during key stages in their Project Plan. For those who do not have a project plan nor have completed their initial ICD-10 assessment, guidelines on how to get these key project phases kick-started in a rural setting will be a particular focus.
- ICD-10 CM/PCS General Overview
- Practice and Facility Implementation Focus Areas and Strategies
- Review of Key Principles and Coding Guidelines for the ICD-10-CM
- Review of Key Principles and Coding Guidelines for the ICD-10-PCS
- Where to go from here?
Original program date: Nov 14, 2012
Participants registering for programs should have access to the following technology for best viewing and participation:
- Personal computer with Macintosh or Windows with 512 MB of RAM
- Broadband internet connection such as an office LAN, DSL, or cable modem
- Phone next to personal computer (or speaker phone if multiple people are viewing)
- Computer speakers (built-in or attached)
- Latest version of Adobe Flash which can be downloaded for free at Adobe's web site
This content may also be viewed using the following applications:
Having trouble viewing the program? Visit our Technical Support page.
Healthcare Delivery, Management, Rural Health, Workforce Development