Magnolia Coastlands AHEC
Dean Greg Evans, Ph.D., M.P.H. - Environmental Health Sciences
Raymona Lawrence, DR.P.H., M.P.H. - Community Health
Stuart H. Tedders, Ph.D., M.S. - Epidemiology
Robert Vogel, Ph.D., M.A. - Biostatistics
James Stephens, Ph.D., M.H.A., FACHE - Health Management
Simone Charles, Ph.D., M.S. - Environmental Health Sciences
Russell Toal, M.P.H. - Health Policy
This program will provide high school and college students with an overview of the following Public Health professions: epidemiologist, environmental health specialist, community health educator, health administrator, health policy expert and biostatistician.
- Participants will hear the "personal stories" of 7 public health professionals from Georgia, who share tips and advice to help students wishing to pursue a career in Public Health.
- Participants will learn about educational preparation needed to pursue each of the Public Health professions described.
- Participants will gain a better understanding of the functions of six key areas of Public Health and opportunities for jobs upon graduation.
Original program date: Feb 28, 2013
Participants registering for programs should have access to the following technology for best viewing and participation:
- Personal computer with Macintosh or Windows with 512 MB of RAM
- Broadband internet connection such as an office LAN, DSL, or cable modem
- Phone next to personal computer (or speaker phone if multiple people are viewing)
- Computer speakers (built-in or attached)
- Latest version of Adobe Flash which can be downloaded for free at Adobe's web site
This content may also be viewed using the following applications:
Having trouble viewing the program? Visit our Technical Support page.
Medical Education/Students and Careers, Public Health