Stephanie Langston, M.Ed.
President and Curriculum Developer
Hands on Spanish, Inc.
In your profession there is little room for error when it comes to assessing and treating patients. Obtaining all of the necessary information in order to accomplish that is enough of a challenge with those who speak your own language, much less with those who speak another. Learn the Spanish specific to your profession that will help you achieve a positive and productive interaction with your Hispanic patients. This program has practice activities for you after each topic, including some role play scenarios.
Session participants will learn how to:
- Identify and practice the correct pronunciation for each vowel in Spanish.
- List and practice Spanish phrases used to assess pain.
- Label body parts in Spanish.
- List and practice introductions and reminders in Spanish.
- Identify basic Spanish phrases used in physical assessments, including vital signs, and practice them.
- Identify basic Spanish phrases used in psychological assessments and practice them.
- List and practice radiology terminology in Spanish.
Original program date: Sep 16, 2011
Participants registering for programs should have access to the following technology for best viewing and participation:
- Personal computer with Macintosh or Windows with 512 MB of RAM
- Broadband internet connection such as an office LAN, DSL, or cable modem
- Phone next to personal computer (or speaker phone if multiple people are viewing)
- Computer speakers (built-in or attached)
- Latest version of Adobe Flash which can be downloaded for free at Adobe's web site
This content may also be viewed using the following applications:
Having trouble viewing the program? Visit our Technical Support page.