Barry Joyner, Ph.D.
Dean and Professor of Exercise Science
Georgia Southern University
Bulloch County CHILD Coalition
Magnolia Coastlands AHEC
The Bulloch County CHILD coalition is a collaborative effort initiated by the College of Health and Human Sciences at Georgia Southern University, the Bulloch County Health Department, and the Southeast Health District. This coalition was created to develop community partnerships to address the growing epidemic of childhood obesity and physical inactivity.
The Bulloch County CHILD Coalition Breakfast, held on April 29, 2009, provided the impetus to mobilize the community in addressing this rapidly growing problem.
Session participants will learn about how the coalition:
- Increased community awareness of the problem of childhood obesity.
- Addressed healthy eating goals related to consumption of fruits and vegetables.
- Promoted increasing physical activity in youth.
- Identified strategies to increase breast feeding initiation, duration and exclusivity.
Original program date: Sep 24, 2009
Participants registering for programs should have access to the following technology for best viewing and participation:
- Personal computer with Macintosh or Windows with 512 MB of RAM
- Broadband internet connection such as an office LAN, DSL, or cable modem
- Phone next to personal computer (or speaker phone if multiple people are viewing)
- Computer speakers (built-in or attached)
- Latest version of Adobe Flash which can be downloaded for free at Adobe's web site
This content may also be viewed using the following applications:
Having trouble viewing the program? Visit our Technical Support page.