Michael Appel, MD
Chief Safety Patient Officer
Northeast Georgia Health System, Inc
An introduction to the concepts inherent in "Crew Resource Management", a behavioral focus on the critical communication necessary among workers in high-risk industries, such as Healthcare.
At the end of the presentation, attendees should be able to:
- Recognize the magnitude of problems with critical communication and its impact on patient safety.
- Discuss the basic causes of human errors.
- Define the individual's role in improving safety.
Original program date: May 11, 2012
Participants registering for programs should have access to the following technology for best viewing and participation:
- Personal computer with Macintosh or Windows with 512 MB of RAM
- Broadband internet connection such as an office LAN, DSL, or cable modem
- Phone next to personal computer (or speaker phone if multiple people are viewing)
- Computer speakers (built-in or attached)
- Latest version of Adobe Flash which can be downloaded for free at Adobe's web site
This content may also be viewed using the following applications:
Having trouble viewing the program? Visit our Technical Support page.