Michelle Nuss, MD
Campus Associate Dean of Graduate Medical Education
GRU-UGA Medical Partnership
The goal of this event is to examine the development of new residency programs across the state, providing information on the progress of graduate medical education (GME) expansion and education on the complexities and regulations of GME. The target audience includes key stake holders such as hospitals, community health centers, medical schools, public health agencies, professional organizations, state government and community leaders involved in addressing the primary care physician workforce needs in Georgia.
After the event, learners will be able to:
- Describe the progress of the graduate medical education (GME) expansion across Georgia.
- Explain the complexities, financing and regulations associated with GME programs.
- Gain a basic understanding of applicable CMS policies for new GME program development.
- Describe the challenges and steps required for building new GME programs across Geor
Original program date: Jan 12, 2015
Participants registering for programs should have access to the following technology for best viewing and participation:
- Personal computer with Macintosh or Windows with 512 MB of RAM
- Broadband internet connection such as an office LAN, DSL, or cable modem
- Phone next to personal computer (or speaker phone if multiple people are viewing)
- Computer speakers (built-in or attached)
- Latest version of Adobe Flash which can be downloaded for free at Adobe's web site
This content may also be viewed using the following applications:
Having trouble viewing the program? Visit our Technical Support page.
Access to Care, Medical Education/Students and Careers, Primary Care