Felissa Goldstein, MD
Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist, Interim Medical Director
Marcus Autism Center
The diagnosis and treatment of children and adolescents with mental disorders can be challenging, especially when considering the broad spectrum of signs, symptoms and available treatments. This webinar features an overview of the most common treatments for anxiety disorders, as well as evidence-based treatment approaches for major depression, and evidence for treatment options in pediatric bipolar disorder. Participants will also receive information about the various pharmacologic options for the treatment of ADHD.
Upon completion of this activity participants should be able to:
- Describe the most common treatments for anxiety disorders in children and adolescents.
- Highlight the evidence based treatment options for major depression.
- Summarize the evidence for treatments in pediatric bipolar disorder.
- Discuss different pharmacologic approaches for the treatment of ADHD.
CME hours available until 05/28/2015
Alabama State Nurses Association Statement:
ASNA nursing hours available until 05/28/2016
SOWEGA-AHEC is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Alabama State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. This activity is approved for 1.0 contact hours. Activity # 2014-14A
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of Tift Regional Medical Center (TRMC) and SOWEGA-AHEC. TRMC is accredited by the Medical Association of Georgia to provide continuing medical education for physicians. TRMC designates this Enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(TM). Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
#1.0 Core contact hours of continuing education have been approved by the Licensed Professional Counselors Association of Georgia (Approval #3740-14W).
If interested in participating as a group in a conference room, SOWEGA-AHEC at email@example.com or 229-439-7185 for more details.
Original program date: May 29, 2014
Participants registering for programs should have access to the following technology for best viewing and participation:
- Personal computer with Macintosh or Windows with 512 MB of RAM
- Broadband internet connection such as an office LAN, DSL, or cable modem
- Phone next to personal computer (or speaker phone if multiple people are viewing)
- Computer speakers (built-in or attached)
- Latest version of Adobe Flash which can be downloaded for free at Adobe's web site
This content may also be viewed using the following applications:
Having trouble viewing the program? Visit our Technical Support page.
Access to Care, Mental and Behavioral health