Magnolia Coastlands AHEC
Jeffery Gilbert, Athletic Trainer
Chevonnia Jones, Health Program Coordinator
Dr. Kelly Sullivan, Epidemiologist
Jonathan Fleming, Physical Therapist
Johnny Williams, Registered Nurse and Director of the Emergency Room at MCCG
Dr. Valerie Walker, Family-Medicine Physician
Lisa Eisele, Registered Dietician
Are you a member of a minority or other under-represented group and are interested in a career in healthcare? Want to know what it takes to be successful? This interactive panel discussion is led by a diverse panel of healthcare professionals working in Georgia's rural communities. They can help you decide on the best path for your educational and professional goals. Careers represented include medicine, nursing, public health and others.
- Learn about a wide range of health professions in which minorities are under-represented.
- Hear the personal career paths of a diverse panel of health care professionals, including how and why they chose their professions, their education requirements, and what they do on a daily basis.
- Understand how to overcome barriers, and learn keys to career success.
- Take advantage of opportunities to ask questions and seek advice regarding potential career choices.
Original program date: Feb 26, 2015
Participants registering for programs should have access to the following technology for best viewing and participation:
- Personal computer with Macintosh or Windows with 512 MB of RAM
- Broadband internet connection such as an office LAN, DSL, or cable modem
- Phone next to personal computer (or speaker phone if multiple people are viewing)
- Computer speakers (built-in or attached)
- Latest version of Adobe Flash which can be downloaded for free at Adobe's web site
This content may also be viewed using the following applications:
Having trouble viewing the program? Visit our Technical Support page.
Allied Health, Cultural Competency, Healthcare Delivery, Medical Education/Students and Careers, Minority Issues/ Health Disparities, Workforce Development