Donna Looper, BA
Georgia Charitable Care Network
Nancy Stanley, DPT
Mercy Medical Clinic
Georgia Rural Health Association
There are unique challenges to delivering health care in rural areas, and they include provider shortages, isolation, long travel distances, scarcity of specialty care, an under-resourced infrastructure and a predominately older population with multiple chronic diseases. But out of necessity, rural areas also make it possible for clinics to be more innovative in overcoming the challenges of providing care to residents.
At the end of the presentation, attendees should be able to:
- Discuss the work of free and charitable clinics across Georgia.
- Detail the issues and solutions unique to setting up and operating a charitable clinic in rural Georgia.
Original program date: Jan 22, 2015
Participants registering for programs should have access to the following technology for best viewing and participation:
- Personal computer with Macintosh or Windows with 512 MB of RAM
- Broadband internet connection such as an office LAN, DSL, or cable modem
- Phone next to personal computer (or speaker phone if multiple people are viewing)
- Computer speakers (built-in or attached)
- Latest version of Adobe Flash which can be downloaded for free at Adobe's web site
This content may also be viewed using the following applications:
Having trouble viewing the program? Visit our Technical Support page.
Access to Care