Len Al Haas
Founder and President
Healthcare Georgia Foundation
Development can be defined as the broader process of creating a sustaining funding base of support. It includes but is not limited to fundraising activities.
The workshop will address the foundational principles of effective fund development. Keys to successful development efforts include a compelling case for support, strong volunteer and staff leadership, and an effective, realistic plan. Topics of discussion will include planning and preparation, applying the appropriate fundraising strategies, using the right solicitation methodologies, defining the types and roles of volunteers and staff, effectively engaging volunteers and donors, and managing expectations - all while dealing with an uncertain economy.
Participants will come away with a better understanding of:
- Organizational planning required for effective fund development.
- Making a compelling case for support with a sense of urgency, resonance, impact and return on investment.
- Effectively recruiting and engaging volunteer leadership.
- The fund development plan and components.
Original program date: Jun 2, 2009
Participants registering for programs should have access to the following technology for best viewing and participation:
- Personal computer with Macintosh or Windows with 512 MB of RAM
- Broadband internet connection such as an office LAN, DSL, or cable modem
- Phone next to personal computer (or speaker phone if multiple people are viewing)
- Computer speakers (built-in or attached)
- Latest version of Adobe Flash which can be downloaded for free at Adobe's web site
This content may also be viewed using the following applications:
Having trouble viewing the program? Visit our Technical Support page.