Beth Stephens, JD
Health Access Program Director
MPH Candidate 2016
Emory University Rollins School of Public Health
Healthcare Georgia Foundation
A provision in the ACA requires that nonprofit hospitals conduct a Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) and develop a corresponding Implementation Strategy every three years with input from community members and public health professionals. With funding from Healthcare Georgia Foundation, Georgia Watch reviewed the initial CHNAs and available Implementation Strategies for 38 nonprofit hospital facilities in Georgia. In this session, Georgia Watch will present findings from this research and give audience members ideas for evaluating nonprofit hospital CHNAs within their own communities, engaging with hospitals in the CHNA process, and helping local hospitals develop impactful community benefit programs.
At the end of the session, audience members should be better equipped to:
- Evaluate the adequacy of nonprofit hospital CHNAs within their own communities.
- Engage with hospitals in the CHNA process.
- Encourage their local hospitals to develop impactful community benefit programs.
Original program date: Jul 8, 2015
Participants registering for programs should have access to the following technology for best viewing and participation:
- Personal computer with Macintosh or Windows with 512 MB of RAM
- Broadband internet connection such as an office LAN, DSL, or cable modem
- Phone next to personal computer (or speaker phone if multiple people are viewing)
- Computer speakers (built-in or attached)
- Latest version of Adobe Flash which can be downloaded for free at Adobe's web site
This content may also be viewed using the following applications:
Having trouble viewing the program? Visit our Technical Support page.