Three Rivers AHEC
This presentation will give a general overview of the various professions in health care. The first part will discuss the benefits of choosing a career in health care. Next, the fastest growing jobs in health care according to the Georgia Department of Labor will be revealed along with some unique health career opportunities. Last, resources to find out more about health careers on the web and through the Georgia AHECs will be provided.
At the end of the presentation, attendees should be able to:
- Discuss the benefits of choosing a career in health care.
- Understand the job descriptions of a variety of health careers along with the salary, education, ideal attributes, and where to work
- Discuss how to access health career resources from the Georgia AHECs and on the web.
Original program date: Dec 16, 2010
Participants registering for programs should have access to the following technology for best viewing and participation:
- Personal computer with Macintosh or Windows with 512 MB of RAM
- Broadband internet connection such as an office LAN, DSL, or cable modem
- Phone next to personal computer (or speaker phone if multiple people are viewing)
- Computer speakers (built-in or attached)
- Latest version of Adobe Flash which can be downloaded for free at Adobe's web site
This content may also be viewed using the following applications:
Having trouble viewing the program? Visit our Technical Support page.
Medical Education/Students and Careers