Gail Pendergrast, MS, BSN, CPC
Certified Professional Life and Health Coach
Aiken Augusta Holistic Health
Gail Pendergrast, MS, BSN, CPC will detail an overview, definition and scope of the problem of human trafficking. She will discuss how the health care provider can recognize the signs that may indicate a potential victim of human trafficking in their patient population and their local community. Ms. Pendergrast will share effective interventions needed to assist victims of the human trafficking system. This session will provide participants with how to identify tools, resources and programs to create support of victims' recovery from the human trafficking system.
At the end of the presentation, participants should be able to:
- Explain the definition and scope of the problem of human trafficking and the potential health impact for victims
- Recognize signs that indicate a patient is a potential victim of human trafficking.
- Determine effective interventions needed to assist victims.
- Identify tools, resources and programs to create support.
Original program date: Feb 24, 2016
Participants registering for programs should have access to the following technology for best viewing and participation:
- Personal computer with Macintosh or Windows with 512 MB of RAM
- Broadband internet connection such as an office LAN, DSL, or cable modem
- Phone next to personal computer (or speaker phone if multiple people are viewing)
- Computer speakers (built-in or attached)
- Latest version of Adobe Flash which can be downloaded for free at Adobe's web site
This content may also be viewed using the following applications:
Having trouble viewing the program? Visit our Technical Support page.
Mental and Behavioral health