Gail Pendergrast, MS, BSN, CPC
Certified Professional Life and Health Coach
Aiken Augusta Holistic Health
Gail Pendergrast, MS, BSN, CPC will detail an overview, definition and scope of the problem of human trafficking. She will discuss how the health care provider can recognize the signs that may indicate a potential victim of human trafficking in their patient population and their local community. Ms. Pendergrast will share effective interventions needed to assist victims of the human trafficking system. This session will provide participants with how to identify tools, resources and programs to create support of victims' recovery from the human trafficking system.
At the end of the presentation, participants should be able to:
- Explain the definition and scope of the problem of human trafficking and the potential health impact for victims
- Recognize signs that indicate a patient is a potential victim of human trafficking.
- Determine effective interventions needed to assist victims.
- Identify tools, resources and programs to create support.
After participating in the on demand presentation, please take the following evaluation survey to receive your CE/CME certificate within 30 days: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/humantraffickingondemandwebinar
Planning Committee Members:
Pam Reynolds, MN, MEd
Michelle Huskey, MS, RRT-NPS
SOWEGA-AHEC, Continuing Education & Distance Learning Coordinator
William Guest, MD, FCCP
SOWEGA-AHEC, Board Member
Senior Vice President for Quality, Clinical Integration, and Medical Affairs, Chief Medical Officer
L. Nicole Schultz
Augusta University - Division of Professional and Community Education, CE Specialist
Caro Cassels, MEd
Augusta University - Director, Continuing Education
Continuing Education (Nurses):
The Georgia Board of Nursing deems Southwest Georgia Area Health Education Center (SOWEGA-AHEC) as an approved provider for continuing education (CE).
This CE activity awards 1.0 hour towards the continuing education competency requirement for Georgia Licensure renewal.
No partial credit offered. Activity #2016-02A
Submission of evaluation/post-test (75% or better) required for CE certificates. Nursing CE Expires 02.23.18
Have questions about this webinar? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 229-439-7185.
Original program date: Feb 24, 2016
Participants registering for programs should have access to the following technology for best viewing and participation:
- Personal computer with Macintosh or Windows with 512 MB of RAM
- Broadband internet connection such as an office LAN, DSL, or cable modem
- Phone next to personal computer (or speaker phone if multiple people are viewing)
- Computer speakers (built-in or attached)
- Latest version of Adobe Flash which can be downloaded for free at Adobe's web site
This content may also be viewed using the following applications:
Having trouble viewing the program? Visit our Technical Support page.
Mental and Behavioral health