Taking on a student in an already busy community-based setting can seem daunting. The goal of this program is to provide guidance on how to best integrate students into the preceptor's practice, effectively teaching clinical skills without slowing down patient care.
By the end of the presentation, community-based providers will be able to:
- Identify effective measures for integrating advanced practice students into a busy practice.
- Illustrate how to schedule patients while training a student in your practice.
- Discuss the rewards of teaching in a clinical setting.
Mar 31, 2014, 12:00pm - 1:15pm
Participants registering for programs should have access to the following technology for best viewing and participation:
- Personal computer with Macintosh or Windows with 512 MB of RAM
- Broadband internet connection such as an office LAN, DSL, or cable modem
- Phone next to personal computer (or speaker phone if multiple people are viewing)
- Computer speakers (built-in or attached)
- Latest version of Adobe Flash which can be downloaded for free at Adobe's web site
This content may also be viewed using the following applications:
Having trouble viewing the program? Visit our Technical Support page.