Ann Webb Price, Ph.D.
Community Evaluation Solutions, Inc.
Healthcare Georgia Foundation
Increasingly, funders are requiring nonprofits to evaluate their programs and demonstrate results. Program managers, however, are often overwhelmed or intimidated by the process of engaging in program evaluation. This workshop will help clarify where an overworked nonprofit manager should begin. Program evaluation is another essential management tool. This workshop will help you understand the process of evaluation and your role in that process.
Program participants will learn:
- Where evaluation fits within program management
- The basic steps of the evaluation process
- The roles and responsibilities of the evaluation contractor and the program staff
- What a "good" evaluation plan should include
- Managing the evaluation so that you get your questions answered
- How to hire an evaluation consultant
Original program date: Nov 17, 2009
Participants registering for programs should have access to the following technology for best viewing and participation:
- Personal computer with Macintosh or Windows with 512 MB of RAM
- Broadband internet connection such as an office LAN, DSL, or cable modem
- Phone next to personal computer (or speaker phone if multiple people are viewing)
- Computer speakers (built-in or attached)
- Latest version of Adobe Flash which can be downloaded for free at Adobe's web site
This content may also be viewed using the following applications:
Having trouble viewing the program? Visit our Technical Support page.