Jean Sumner, MD
Georgia Medical Composite Board
Georgia Partnership for TeleHealth
The goal of the Next Generation Telemedicine Webinars is to foster higher acceptance among health care providers through presentations from practitioners who have proven that telemedicine is useful by successfully integrating clinical telemedicine services into their practices. Each presentation will include the personal experience and pathway taken to telemedicine adoption as well as the hurdles and challenges associated with implementation. Patient cases and outcomes will be presented along with lessons learned along the way. Presenters will include both rural and urban providers of telehealth services.
It is well known how difficult it is to recruit specialists to practice in rural communities, so one rural Georgia Internal Medicine Practitioner in Wrightsville, GA is harnessing the power of technology to bring specialty care to her patients.
At the end of the presentation, attendees should:
- Understand the deficit of specialty care in rural areas and the effect on both patients and a rural physician's practice.
- Understand the motivation of a rural healthcare provider to use telehealth to deliver more efficient diagnosis, treatment, and care management of patients in need of specialty care.
- Interact with a physician telehealth champion and provider.
Original program date: Sep 4, 2014
Participants registering for programs should have access to the following technology for best viewing and participation:
- Personal computer with Macintosh or Windows with 512 MB of RAM
- Broadband internet connection such as an office LAN, DSL, or cable modem
- Phone next to personal computer (or speaker phone if multiple people are viewing)
- Computer speakers (built-in or attached)
- Latest version of Adobe Flash which can be downloaded for free at Adobe's web site
This content may also be viewed using the following applications:
Having trouble viewing the program? Visit our Technical Support page.
Policy, Access to Care, Workforce Development