Healthcare Georgia Foundation
Region IV Public Health Training Center at Emory University - Rollins School of Public Health
This training is an introduction to Public Health Department Accreditation. The topics covered include: 1) an overview and goals of public health department accreditation; 2) the value and cost of seeking accreditation; 3) the seven steps of accreditation; 4) the twelve accreditation domains, especially Domain 12 which focuses on the role of the governing entity; 5) resources to evaluate a health department's readiness to seek accreditation; and 6) how the county board of health and other community stakeholders can support their health department in the accreditation process.
Original program date: Feb 5, 2016
Participants registering for programs should have access to the following technology for best viewing and participation:
- Personal computer with Macintosh or Windows with 512 MB of RAM
- Broadband internet connection such as an office LAN, DSL, or cable modem
- Phone next to personal computer (or speaker phone if multiple people are viewing)
- Computer speakers (built-in or attached)
- Latest version of Adobe Flash which can be downloaded for free at Adobe's web site
This content may also be viewed using the following applications:
Having trouble viewing the program? Visit our Technical Support page.