Joseph Barrow, Jr., EdD
Fayette County Board of Education
Georgia Rural Health Association
In this presentation Superintendent Barrow will discuss past and current implementation of School Based Health Centers (SBHC), primarily through telemedicine, first in Ware County School District, and currently beginning a pilot in Fayette County School District. The "why" will be discussed and then some discussion will be held on the "how" SBHCs were put into practice with two different (both rural and suburban) school districts.
At the end of the presentation, attendees should be able to:
-Describe how removing barriers to student success is a key step towards School Improvement.
-Explain why schools must find new and innovative ways to improve student performance with increasingly fewer resources.
-Recognize that if children have access to quality healthcare, a significant barrier to student success can be removed.
Original program date: Jan 15, 2015
Participants registering for programs should have access to the following technology for best viewing and participation:
- Personal computer with Macintosh or Windows with 512 MB of RAM
- Broadband internet connection such as an office LAN, DSL, or cable modem
- Phone next to personal computer (or speaker phone if multiple people are viewing)
- Computer speakers (built-in or attached)
- Latest version of Adobe Flash which can be downloaded for free at Adobe's web site
This content may also be viewed using the following applications:
Having trouble viewing the program? Visit our Technical Support page.
Access to Care