Healthcare Georgia Foundation
Region IV Public Health Training Center at Emory University - Rollins School of Public Health
This training is an introduction to the Structure and Function of Public Health in Georgia. The topics covered include: 1) the definition of public health; 2) how the three core functions and ten essential services provide a framework for the public health system; 3) the organizational and functional structure of the public health system at the federal level; 4) the public health system in Georgia including organizational structure, leadership, and key programs; 5) the authority and relationships between key public health entities in Georgia; and 6) how your local community can utilize public health resources to address health issues.
Original program date: Feb 5, 2016
Participants registering for programs should have access to the following technology for best viewing and participation:
- Personal computer with Macintosh or Windows with 512 MB of RAM
- Broadband internet connection such as an office LAN, DSL, or cable modem
- Phone next to personal computer (or speaker phone if multiple people are viewing)
- Computer speakers (built-in or attached)
- Latest version of Adobe Flash which can be downloaded for free at Adobe's web site
This content may also be viewed using the following applications:
Having trouble viewing the program? Visit our Technical Support page.