Founder and Chief Equity Officer
Partnership for Southern Equity
Healthcare Georgia Foundation
Healthcare Georgia Foundation's new funding opportunity - The Two Georgias Initiative - seeks to eliminate barriers, expand access to quality healthcare services, and improve health outcomes among underserved residents in rural Georgia. Through this Initiative, the Foundation will support local partnerships interested in creating Community Health Improvement Plans to bring financial assets and technical resources to improve healthcare access in their communities.
Health equity concerns disparities in health that can be traced to unequal, systemic economic and social conditions, and requires an understanding of communities and organizations to work together to reduce barriers and increase access to health. This webinar will provide an overview of health equity, including its connection to the social determinants of health, and how these factors can inform your collaborative's planning for this funding opportunity.
Upon completion of the program, participants will be able to:
- Define health equity
- Understand the relationship between social determinants and health equity
- Comprehend how health equity informs intervention planning to improve community health status
- Describe best practices to addressing health equity
Original program date: Feb 15, 2017
Participants registering for programs should have access to the following technology for best viewing and participation:
- Personal computer with Macintosh or Windows with 512 MB of RAM
- Broadband internet connection such as an office LAN, DSL, or cable modem
- Phone next to personal computer (or speaker phone if multiple people are viewing)
- Computer speakers (built-in or attached)
- Latest version of Adobe Flash which can be downloaded for free at Adobe's web site
This content may also be viewed using the following applications:
Having trouble viewing the program? Visit our Technical Support page.