Partner and Managing Director
Healthcare Georgia Foundation
Healthcare Georgia Foundation's new funding opportunity - The Two Georgias Initiative - seeks to eliminate barriers, expand access to quality healthcare services, and improve health outcomes among underserved residents in rural Georgia. Through this Initiative, the Foundation will support local partnerships interested in creating Community Health Improvement Plans to bring financial assets and technical resources to improve healthcare access in their communities.
Following the publication of the Two Georgias Initiative RFP in early January, this webinar will provide information about preparing for a planning grant. Good programs start with a plan, but how do you plan for the planning process? This webinar will address what goes into a plan and things to consider in getting started, such as who needs to be involved, how to elicit participation, potential budget and resource needs.
Upon completion of the program, participants will be able to:
- Outline major preparatory steps to develop a plan
- Determine the right stakeholders to participate in the planning process and when and how to engage them
- Identify how to make assessments about resources and needs to support plan development, including organizational capacity and gaps in knowledge/data
- Develop a grant application action plan, including timeline and assignments
- Building a grant budget
- Locate resources available to support the planning process and prepare for the planning grant
Original program date: Jan 20, 2017
Participants registering for programs should have access to the following technology for best viewing and participation:
- Personal computer with Macintosh or Windows with 512 MB of RAM
- Broadband internet connection such as an office LAN, DSL, or cable modem
- Phone next to personal computer (or speaker phone if multiple people are viewing)
- Computer speakers (built-in or attached)
- Latest version of Adobe Flash which can be downloaded for free at Adobe's web site
This content may also be viewed using the following applications:
Having trouble viewing the program? Visit our Technical Support page.